The funding for the new center is made possible through direct investment by both USI and the Cardiocentro Ticino.
The greater part of the funds comes from four private foundations, namely the Theo Rossi di Montelera Foundation, the Metis Foundation Sergio Mantegazza, the Fidinam Foundation, and the Horten Foundation. We would like to express our sincere gratitude to these organizations for their generous support.
Individual projects within the center have been funded by SNF and the Swiss national initiative PASC (Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing), and supported with runtime on national high-performance computing systems by the Swiss National Supercomputing Center CSCS.
- PRACE grant of 15M core hours on High Performance Computing Cluster in Europe, funded by PRACE (Prof. Dr. Vittorio Limongelli)
- Homo- and heterodimerization mechanism of chemokines receptors CCR5 and CXCR4 investigated by Coarse-Grained Metadynamics simulations, funded by the SNF (PI: Prof. Dr. Vittorio Limongelli)
- HEARTFUSION Imaging-driven Patient-specific Cardiac Simulation, funded by the SNF (PIs: Prof. Dr. Rolf Krause and Prof. Dr. Guoyan Zheng)
- Multilevel Methods and Uncertainty Quantification in Cardiac Electrophysiology, funded by the SNF (PIs: Prof. Dr. Helmut Harbrecht and Prof. Dr. Rolf Krause)(
- Novel electro-mechanical phenotyping of heart failure patients candidate for cardiac resynchronization therapy, funded by the SNF (PIs: Prof. Dr. Angelo Auricchio and Prof. Dr. Rolf Krause)
- In-vivo assessment of electro-mechanical delay in heart failure patients, Funded by the Swiss Heart Foundation (PIs: Prof. Angelo Auricchio, Prof. Dr. Rolf Krause, Dr. Francesco Maffessanti)